Friday, June 13, 2008

first movie

We took Aaron to his first movie-theater movie on Thursday, after discovering that the cheap theater at Swan and Grant has a summer movie club at 10:00 am. Kids are free and adults only $2 each. The movies were Surf's Up or 101 Dalamatians. By the time we got there our #1 choice was sold out, so we opted for 101 Dalmatians, which turned out to be the newer, live-action Disney release rather than the classic animated feature we were expecting to see. We all enjoyed the first half hour or so, laughing at the dogs' antics and at Brazey pointing to the screen and saying, "MmmmmMMMM?" (rise in inflection at the end) to indicate, "Look! Look at those big spotted dogs up there! See?" But soon the spotted dogs grew tiresome to the baby and Mandy took him to Mrs. TiggyWinkles while The Big Boys and I finished the movie. Towards the end, when Horace and Jasper were getting their just desserts, Evan said, "At the beginning I thought it would get sadder and sadder, but it just keeps getting funnier and funnier!" And he didn't even want to go...

Afterwards we had lunch at La Salsa. I wish I'd got a picture of Brazey at his first movie, but at least I got some photos of us dining al fresco.


New shirt, from St. Vinnie's. 50 cents.


love


Notice the Ace bandage? I wonder if I'll ever know the story...


freckles


feaster


bye-bye

No comments: