Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Aim high, Little Man

Last week we won an ebay auction for a lot of 4 Star Wars Micro Machines, which arrived today, much to Jack's delight (and mine, too: they date to 1997 and are mint in package, with the Kmart price tags still attached reflecting a price of $5.99 each and I got the whole lot for $6.25 and free shipping!) We opened them of course, and were exclaiming over them, and Jack was detailing what he would do: "If I made the Sandcrawler, it would come with R2D2 and C3PO holding his leg, and five Jawas. If I made the X-Wing it would come with Luke and R2D2..." So I says to him, I says, "Jack, when you grow up you should get a job as a toy designer." He said, "What's that?" so I explained. He wrinkled his nose and did that sideways mouth thing and said, "Nah. When I grow up I'm just going to look on the ground for money." I asked, "Do you think you'll find enough to make a living?" He said, "I'll take my lunch with me."

No comments: