Monday, January 14, 2008

Chisholm Photo Extravaganza!

The Houges and the Tuckers celebrated Chisholm together last Saturday at the Houge House. The event, of course, could not be celebrated without an appropriate Houge contribution, so David decided to spend the morning switching the garbage disposal from the left-hand side of the sink to the right-hand side of the sink. I should have obtained photographic evidence because this event really served to put me in the holiday mood, but I was so preoccupied with preparing a meal around Dave's supine form that I didn't have a moment to grab the camera. I made a WW roasted vegetable lasagna and some fabulous soft chocolatey cookies while simultaneously Google-searching to find out how to unscrew the mounting ring and push the drain flange up through the drain hole, all the while showering my beloved with terms of endearment and tearful gratitude. He was still under the sink when our guests arrived.

Apparently our guests had plumbing problems of their own. Poor Brazey J hadn't pooped in 6 days and when the urge overtook him he'd just wail and cry from the pain. While Dave finished under the sink, Brock went to Walgreen's for some infant suppositories. At this point we were all feeling pretty festive. Even more so after Brock administered the insertion and Brazey peed on him. Brock attended the festivities wearing Dave's pajama bottoms.

Finally it was time to open presents. Jack and Evan waited such a long time, and then I teased them by declaring we couldn't open presents until they'd done 25 situps.


They complied.


You wouldn't know these pictures were taken on January 12 and not December 25, would you?


Jack delivers a present to his daddy.


Brazey opens a gift. The suppository has yet to take effect, but he was in a pretty good mood anyway.


Does this require explanation? Over the summer Jack had us in stitches several times at the 99 Cent store playing with a toilet plunger. He was supposed to get one for his birthday but it was somehow overlooked. Now he finally has one, with a groovy crystalline handle. We thought about applying it to Brazey's butt.


Bitta, Dave's brotha, admires Dave's new doo-rag.


Jack was ecstatic. He said he ordered this on the computer but it hasn't come yet. You gotta see his Greed List, a list compiled before the holidays by browsing the Internet, loading a shopping cart at various sites, and printing the resultant list. I'm raising a fine young consumer.


Evan got the Playmobil flower delivery van he's been coveting for some time now.


Momma_Dee, I believe you were present for the Mustard Bottle Incident at Goodwill? Look what Jack got for Chisholm.


Somebody must have checked out my amazon.com wishlist. Dave and I have 8 DVDs worth of Star Trek to watch on Saturday night now. Count 'em: 8 discs! Of course more Shatner jokes ensued, most of them directed at the baby.


This book is thick!


I make a cameo appearance in a photo of the Bumpass hounds, showing off my new windchime.


Playmobil flower assembly.


Jack helped.


Post-celebration, post-poop, post-bath pictures. Jack got a new Leapster game. Brazey wants to check it out.


He's a big boy now.


Merry Chisholm!

2 comments:

Momma_Dee said...

You can always make me laugh. Poor Brazey. He went from one extreme to the other, huh? My, I'm envious of Jack's attractive new toilet plunger.

Ana said...

Okay, so these pics are fabulous! And a wonderful recounting of your extended Christmas celebration.
And, I just have to say, in that Star Wars book pic...your son looks so much like Woody from Toy Story, I laughed out loud! How on Earth did you capture that expression so perfectly?!
And Brazey looks like he can see right through you. Wise beyond his year.
Thanks for this blog, Beck.
Really delightful.
~A