Monday, September 08, 2008

seven years old


We hosted Jack's birthday party at the house on Saturday, September 6. This is the set-up. All equipment borrowed from the preschool.


In line for the slide: Jack, Nathan, Garrick, and Evan. Nathan is the oldest.


I think that's Evan coming down the slide, with Jack climbing the ladder behind him.


Jack comes down on his belly.


Think they had fun?


I observed definite self-imposed segregation. The younger boys played on the slide, while the girls stayed in the pool. Here's Alexandria (Nathan's little sister), Daniela, and Rumur in the pool...


...and the young teen stayed inside with Kismet. That's Xandar making my kitty very happy.


Xandar left early and asked Jack to open his gift before he had to go. Jack loved the Lego set (Anakin's Jedi Starfighter), and loved that his 13-year-old friend came to his party. Thanks a million, Xandar.


Then it was time for jellyfishing. This pinata was just as stubborn as last year's Death Star.


Jack takes the first swings. The string broke.


David retied the string and Evan had a go.


The boys are in line, waiting their turn.


Only half of them got to beat on the pinata before it broke from its string permanently. Then we just let them have at it on the ground.


It was a free for all. We're lucky no one got hurt.


We sang for Jack and he blew out the candles on his Dairy Queen ice cream cake.


I think they liked it.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

Great pictures! I nearly feel I was at the party.