Sunday, September 14, 2008

exactly how I wanted to spend my 37th birthday

The weather's cooling slightly. This morning I awoke and read three chapters of my book and had a cup of coffee while Dave went bike riding with Michelle. When he got back I left for my favorite 4.5 mile run in the blissfully dry, relatively cool morning air. After my run and a quick shower, we went to Alice's Restaurant for my favorite breakfast. Then a trip to Petco netted me a Julii cory catfish, a spotted cory, and an emerald cory. My fishtank is now complete, banking on the future fertility of the Mollies. I took a 1.5 hour death nap. When I woke up I went to the library. Then it was time for my party.


We met at the park. I got some quintessential Evan.


And some Aaron.


The boys played some Frisbee.


A game with points, awarded at the thrower's discretion, with the Frisbee caught Dead or Alive.


Xandar taught them.


Aaron posed


and laughed


and flirted


and ran


The boys played tag on the path around the lake.


They took a break.


The sun went down


and the moon came up.

I had a great birthday.

2 comments:

Momma_Dee said...

Oh, delightful! Handsome boys, all 4 of them. Sounds like a very satisfying birthday.

drewsilla89 said...

oh how these pictures make me ache to squeeze upon those beautiful beings. oh how i miss them with all of my heart. the picture of aaron standing with his juice box and the picture of evan in the sunset.........priceless.

love, love, love those babies.

thanks for sharing.

ps. i turned 37 on the 16th. didnt know we were that close in age beck! its awful too close to *whispers* 40

dana