Monday, January 15, 2007

Martha Luten King, Jr. Day

a photomontage from the last couple of weeks to celebrate a day off of work in honor of MLK, Jr., whom Evan calls Martha Luten King, Jr.


Jack cuddling Kismet and Moxie on a cold winter vacation morning.


Jack's portrait of Cassie on the same morning.


Dave supervising the destruction of the pirate island from the I Dig Treasure playset, purchased at the Kid's Center inventory clearance on January 5 with Jack's Christmas money from Aunt Mona. Originally priced at $26, it's just a giant sand conglomerate hiding some pirate coins, a few flimsy treasure chests, some rubber creepy-crawlies, and a skull. But the boys sure got $13 of delight out of it. Well worth the clearance price!


January 4, 2007. Jack and Evan freezing at the northwest corner of the house so I could snap this picture of them with that gorgeous rainbow in the background. They went right back inside to continue Playmobiling. I admired the view a moment longer, then skedaddled back into the warmth too.

No comments: