Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

As always I was the first one up on Christmas Day. I worked on Mandy's gift but realized I wouldn't finish it in time. Then Jack got up and dived into the bounty of his Santa-filled stocking.


He wasn't the slightest bit disappointed. His gifts overflowed into my stocking and Dave's stocking. I just like this picture of Jack holding a Spongebob magic washcloth. It expands in the water. I gave him those Super Mario Galaxy jammies on Christmas Eve. He loves them, and looks tall and lean whilst wearing them.

While we waited for the Tuckers to arrive we watched It's a Wonderful Life, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story. Dad laughed all the way through Vacation, which made me happy. Tuckers came while Christmas Story was on, so we laughed at the Bumpus hounds.


We had a nice, low-key gift exchange (I didn't take any pictures). But I got a picture of Cassie with her new Nylabone. She's happy.


Mandy made some sassy appetizers a la Melissa Trafton: crackers and cheese, dabs of caviar on cream-cheese spread crackers, these fabulous crabmeat and cream cheese pockets she's creating in this picture. Delish. I ate a ton.


For me the best part of Christmas was gathering all eight of us around the table for traditional turkey and mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, this time complemented by a grilled zucchini/mushroom/garlic medley, a green salad, and Sally Lunn bread. Cookies for dessert.


Evan took a cue from Jack and tucked into a "turkey bone."


Soon after the meal Dad packed his things and left early. He'd fielded a call from his dog adoption counselor sub, whose own dogs were sick, so he couldn't cover Dad's adoptions on Saturday. Dad went home Friday evening but we convinced Mom to stay.

Christmas was fabulously mellow and relaxing. Great way to wrap up 2009.

No comments: