Kicked off with the tree lighting at the downtown library. We sang carols and met Gabriel's Angels, a group of therapy dogs.
I brought snacks. That was smart. Amongst all the kids there we polished off all six bags.
Every time we're at the downtown library the boys try to climb the giant apostrophes (or commas, or whatever they are). They haven't yet ascended the summit, but I bet the next time we're there they'll succeed.
I got all excited about the NPR StoryCorp Airstream. I wanted to go inside but what would I say?
Curbside seating. We shared our snacks with that little girl in the background.
All of us curbside. Daryl, David, Xander and his friends Isaiah and Abraham?, Jack's hidden behind Ana and Aurora, Evan, Aaron, Brock, and Bin.
The parade begins and the Tuckers are on their feet. It's too much fun to sit curbside!
Aaron's favorites were the Big Trucks.
Bin's favorites were the dog rescue groups.
My favorites were the Virgins.
Here's little Juan Diego.
There they go. So festive.
We also liked this funny man on a tiny bike. He did light tricks.
Didn't know Jack's school sponsored a float. Jack waved at some of the riders and called them by name.
Aaron also liked the Cool Bus...
and the Big Boys loved the Stormtroopers of the Dune Sea Garrison. They were a big surprise and thrilling for all of us.
That's Vader behind the troopers. He was huge.
Unknown Jedi. Unknown to me, anyway.
Overfed Boba Fett.
See the joy?
Didn't catch the name of this group of marchers, but they were blind and marched with lighted canes.
Beagle Rescue. One of Bin's favorites.
My favorite.
Brazey's last favorite.
2 comments:
I like the lighted trucks, too!
What fun!! What joy on those children's faces!!
Post a Comment