Thursday, February 21, 2008

out and about

Mandy and I got the boys together to drag them around town to our various thrift stores and favorite places to eat. They complained a lot but I know they had a good time. We discovered a new thrift called First Rate Second Hand on Beverly at Speedway. Check chock-a-blog for some of my finds. Then we went to Dah Rock Shop, which we'd attempted to visit twice, foolishly, during the Gem and Mineral Show. This weekend they were open and Mandy bought some silver charms and a big shark tooth. Then we ate the most fabulous Mexican lunch at Guadalajara Grill, which I proclaim to serve finer Mexican food then El Charro, as well as the best salsa in town. Even Jack ate it.


Too damn cute.


Can't resist a photo of Brazey with Fork. He did eventually spear that radish but didn't eat it.


Goofy.


Kooky.


Jack took some pictures of Evan posing with Meowth, Jack's new plush Pokemon from First Rate. Jack set up a bunch of various photo scenarios. Evan commented, "Jack, that isn't very cool" to which Jack replied, "It will be." What do you think?

After Guadalajara, we went to Casa de los Ninos. I plan to post about that on chock-a-blog. Then a quick trip to Tropical Kingdom, which Mandy remembered as a little more magical and a lot less skanky, followed by a coffee/donut/ice cream break at Baskin Robbins, a pop into PetSmart, and a quick grocery shop at Trader Joe's. Lots of fun, lots of laughing. And some good thrifting. All that tends to lift my spirits, which I desperately need in the February Doldrums.

No comments: