Monday, June 11, 2007

a rainy day in June

What a strange and marvelous day we had here in Tucson. Clouds dimmed the usually bright early morning sky so Cassie and I didn't get out until 6:30 am. With the windows down we drove to Udall Park to drop off some office paper at the recycling dumpsters. I was nosing around as usual when I heard the jingle of dog charms in the desert. When I turned to the sound I saw Cassie tearing after a rabbit! She'd jumped out of the car window! Later this morning she ate Jack's grilled cheese off the kitchen counter. What a naughty dog she's been lately. I think maybe she's hungry.

Our neighbor Yvette invited us to the new Brandi Fenton Memorial Park at Dodge and River. We gladly tagged along.



Aren't those the coolest boots? I've always dreamed Jack would be one of those boys who insisted on wearing cowboy boots with everything. We finally found a pair he likes at the Goodwill about two weeks ago and they've been on his feet ever since.



Jack and his first girlfriend, Daniella. Here they make their way back to the car after playing on the Splash Pad. They had a wonderful time together, which is surprising because they're 3 years apart in age and of different genders (obviously).

After playing at the park we met Mandy, Evan, and Aaron way down on the southwest side of town because I had to pick up a textbook at the Desert Vista campus at Irvington and I-19. I had a gift card for Olive Garden, so we enjoyed soup and salad, Squidward Tentacles, and stretchy cheese. The boys were noisy but well-behaved and hysterically funny. Mandy and I laughed all through lunch.



Here they are in PetSmart, our first stop at the giant shopping center down there. A weather system rolled in while we sat in Olive Garden and grew in intensity while we shopped in PetSmart. It rained quite a bit and the air smelled like wet asphalt when we stepped outside again.



Boys misbehaved in Marshall's, their giggling so infectious that I didn't put a stop to the shenanigans but sat there to quiet them if any employee or patron gave us an icy glare. They misbehaved in Ross, too, but so did everyone else's kids.



Here's one kid who wasn't misbehavin. Brazy J doin it the brazy way. Such a good baby.

Temps kept cool and are currently at 71 degrees. A strange and marvelous day.

No comments: